By no means do I think that I have a good sense of fashion or a great taste in music. (Even though I do dress incredibly cute, just fyi.) However, I know what I like and I don’t care what people think about the thing that I love. So judge me all you want but these are my current top 25 favorite songs that I am ending 2013 with. Please feel free to pass along new artists, I love discovering new music!
1. Missed Calls – Mac Miller: This deserves the number one spot because it has gotten me through many nights of tears. Boys and Breaks suck.
2. Hello World – The Maine: They are my favorite band and they need no explanation.
3. New Colors – The Crane Wives: This was the song I was listening to when I officially decided that I wanted to start writing and what inspired the name.
4. We’ll All Be.. – The Maine: “We Will All Be The Greatest” is a quote from the song that I have tattooed on my shoulder. much love. ❤
5. I know I Know I Know – Tegan and Sara
6. Big Jet Plane – Angus and Julia Stone: I fell in love with first when The Maine did a cover, but I love the original just as much!
7. Lakehouse – Of Monsters And Men: Every time I think of Of Mice and Men.. Why? I have no clue. But this song is played a lot of Florence + The Machine iTunes radio and I have fallen in love.
8. Hurricane Drunk – Florence + The Machine: Will always be my favorite.
9. Who Are You – Tess Henley: CAB brought her to campus my first year as president and both her and Carson are just the sweetest and incredibly talented!
10. Slow and Steady – Of Monsters and Men
11. Sort Of – Ingrid Michaelson: “My loves to big for you, my love.” #truth.
12. Say Something – A Great Big World: Duckie.
13. Best Thing I Never Had – Beyonce: NO I have not heard her new album yet. Otherwise I think there wouldn’t be a need for this list. I refuse to illegally download a masterpiece like that and so it is number one on my Christmas list.
14. Start Over – Beyonce
15. Part 2 (On The Run) – Jay Z – #duh.
17. Alone – Kelly Clarkson
18. Party – Beyonce: Cause we like to party.
19. Harlem – New Politics: This was a little gem from Flo’s itunes radio.
20. Manhattan – Kings of Leon: I never really liked them when they first came on the scene but I am in love with this song.
21. Take What You Can Carry – The Maine: #raindances
22. I’m Leaving – The Maine: making changes.
23. Goodbye – The Maine
24. Ribs – Lorde
25. Hold On, Were Going Home – Drake: Cause what is a playlist without Drake. Seriously.
I feel like music is a window to the soul. For me music has always been able to pick up the broken pieces and put them back together. It never goes back together in the same way it fell apart but that is just a part of growing up and learning to fall in love. I can already tell that 2014 is going to be a big year, filled with lots of magical surprises. Having said that, I’ve decided to spend the next year really focusing on myself, who I am and where I want to go. Music speaks when words can’t and without music who knows where I would be. ❤